Sunday, October 26, 2008

About Me....

Call for a consultation @ 724.553.8446
Email: joey.kennedy@gmail.com

Weddings are truly exciting! I have learned its all about meeting great people and telling a story about the best day of their lives. Its my goal to provide you with something different, something unique! I am an artist first and photographer second. I want to make art for you that you'll love sharing with your family and friends and someday your grand kids.

*All images posted on this site are taken by me. Some weddings images were taken while on assignment for G&G Studios.

Want to see more? Check out my fine arts account on flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djjoyboy/sets/1384936/

Here is an Interview from Sumer Schmitt of Simply Perfect Weddings
http://simplyperfectweddings.blogspot.com/

1. First off, tell us a little about yourself:

I know, for sure, that I was born into the right time period of history because even as a child, I was very visual. Visual media is my forum because I am an extremely creative person. Images have always inspired and influenced me and small, obscure details do not escape my notice. That is why I am an artist, and I am very active in the Pittsburgh art scene.

I produced a fine-art-photography exhibit called “Exposure” that ran for two years here in Pittsburgh. Eventually, more “Exposure” exhibits were opened in Cleveland, Detroit and Dallas, and those in Cleveland and Detroit are still being presented today.

In 2005-Present, I began teaching photography in Cranberry for the Butler Community College – both for credit and non-credit classes.

2. How did you get started in photography?

Believe it or not, I began my career in painting and sculpting because I have always been creative and artistic. But since painting and sculpting were very laborious and consumed a lot of time, I often lost interest before completion. However, nothing has changed my life more than the camera. It was an exciting revelation for me to discover that my creativity absolutely exploded when I picked up a camera. The camera has allowed me greater creativity, but in a faster forum. Photography is such a powerful tool for documenting life experiences and telling people’s stories.

3. Describe your wedding photography approach and style.

When I think of a wedding, it is a magical day when two people become one. It is “a dream come true” to find a mate in this life, and it is the day that every woman dreams endlessly about. I like the “vintage,” “dreamy,” “storybook-style” because it is so timeless and romantic. I love to capture and document those special moments of the wedding day, unobtrusively, without my clients knowing that I am there. It is pure excitement when they return and view the memories that are represented in the final images. Finally, I love to make my work look professionally much like the work exhibited in magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair.

4. What do you like best about your job?

Without a doubt, I love working with the wedding couple! It is my job to learn their individual tastes. I love meeting the families of the bride and groom and listening to stories about them. I start off the day as an acquaintance to the families, and by the end of the wedding, they invite me to the next family reunion. I enjoy documenting and being part of every special occasion in a family’s life experiences. It is a great tradition!



5. What is your all time favorite photo that you have taken?

“A Kiss to Build a Dream On!” It is the story of Brian and Jessica.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djjoyboy/2770198659/in/set-72157600610923719/

6. What makes your business unique and why should we hire you as our wedding photographer?

I am that person that sees something completed in my mind before the process has begun. I create aesthetically pleasing images that documents and tells my clients story. I love to provide interesting, powerful imagery that creates curiosity and interest for all my photography projects.

I am that professional wedding photographer that will document your wedding day with exquisite creativity and old-fashioned romanticism. Each wedding is special and unique to you, as a couple, and that inspiration always helps me to create one-of-a-kind memories just for you.

You, as the wedding couple, provide the details of the pictorial documentation that you desire, and I provide the creativity and inspiration to accomplish your dream.

7. Where can we reach you?

I just released a new wedding blog at JoeyKennedyWeddings.blogspot.com
I can also be reached at email joey.kennedy@gmail.com and cell
724.553.8446

8. Anything else we should know?

I currently live in Seven Fields (Cranberry). I service both Pittsburgh and Greater Pittsburgh. I am willing to travel anywhere and have applied for a passport.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't say enough good things about Joey. Everything he has said about his outlook and abilities is true but to a higher degree. If you've ever had the pleasure to work with him, you would understand. Looking at other work that Joey has done helps me to understand why he has the natural flair that he captures in his photos. My son Hans and Sarah had their wedding shot by Joey and I couldn't imagine how it could have been any better. You couldn't hire a better photographer for many times the price he charges. If there was a photographer's hall of fame, I'm sure Joey would end up there. His style and character is better than you could expect or predict. I love to shoot, and when I saw the story Joey's pictures portray, he has the knack that alludes most of us. Thank God you were recommended to us and we hooked up. You truly made our day special. All of us, even our guests have told us so!
Thanks again,
Martey Miller