Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jim & Bridgid

Some of my weddings take me all over, this had me travel to Jackson PA which is between Scranton and Binghamton NY. My long time friend Bridgid was getting married on the farm where she grew up as a child. It had been years since I visited the place but what a treasure chest of vintage goodies.
I love this chair and these shoes together. The braiding on the shoes echo’s the back of the chair. I was told it was discovered in the basement after years of neglect.
Preparation of the veil, love this silhouette...
Bridgid is one of the sweetest brides I ever had the pleasure of working for...All day she was big smiles and full of laughter. No matter the stress, she never lost her cool!
I shot the jewelry she would wear in front of her great grandmothers portrait, the ring was hers. I love to work in family history into my brides wedding photos.
Parents of the Bride, Mr. & Mrs. Corrigan, they are truly some of the sweetest people I ever meant. They treat everyone like their own family. They raised 5 of their own children and over 32 foster children. That’s a great legacy!
Lots of children in this family, Bridgids nephews + Jims Son and neice. I love this photo, they are soooo cute!!!
This is my favorite, this is their personalities and I love this old barn for texture.
You couldnt help but SMILE when your around Bridgid, she was such a gorgeous bride!
Ok, so it rained, none to worry, we used their parent’s living room for portraits, this place gave me so many ideas!

After the rain had stopped, John put on one heck of a fireworks show! WOW!

I couldn't get any cell service up there and for a second I felt pretty disconnected from my life. By the end of the trip I realized how addicted to technology I was and how nice it was to be away from cell phones, computers, internet and cable news.

Reality came crashing back in as the next day when I found myself back in NYC. I am looking to get my MFA in Photography as I am starting to teach more and more. Congrats to Jim and Bridgid, You are both truly sweet people and it was an honor to share in such a beautiful moment of time with you, I miss you already!

No comments: